The post holders will play a key part in driving and delivering innovative change in Service processes and play a leading role in the management and strategic development of Camden’s Highway Asset Management Programme (CHAMP) and strategies to ensure that the Council’s statutory responsibilities are met.
You will be responsible for providing technical support, including user support, identifying and implementing improvements and promoting the use of the CHAMP to ensure its business benefits are maximised across directorates.
You will take responsibility for a range of data analysis and reporting such as:
- to update and maintain Camden’s Asset Register using a range of GIS software (QGIS, MapInfo) and asset management database systems,
- using GIS to provide analytical support to the Engineering Service on a wide variety of technical Highway Enquires,
- preparing Whole Government Accounts to meet statutory financial obligations,
- using GIS to calculate budget estimates in Council briefing papers and information requests,
- working with teams internally and externally providing data on government initiatives i.e. carbon reduction targets,
To succeed, you will partake in the overall management of projects including project plans, briefs and the recruitment and supervision of temporary/project staff to achieve objectives and ensure project delivery.
Please note we are recruiting for one permanent post and one fixed term/Secondment for 12 months from post commencement.
- Hold a Degree level qualification in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or suitable equivalent
- Project Management training/qualification would be an advantage
- An understanding of at least one programming language
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools such as QlikView/Qliksense
- An understanding of data quality issues and quality assurance techniques
- Understanding of the principles of strategic asset management, planning and programming
- Experience with Object-Relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MSSQL
- Awareness and understanding of new technological developments and innovations in Highways Asset Management
- An understanding of the types of Assets located on the Public Highway or experience working in an Engineering or Highways environment would be an advantage
Camden’s main offices are located in modern, award-winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative, flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
Click HERE to see the full details of our excellent benefits
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
Mayor of London’s Good Work Standard
Camden are very proud to be accredited to the level of excellence for the Mayor of London’s Good Work Standard. The Mayor’s Good Work Standard sets the benchmark for the highest employment standards and demonstrates that as an employer, Camden is contributing to a fairer and more inclusive London. These good practices are also an important step in attracting and retaining a diverse, talented and productive workforce.
How to apply
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application form you will be expected to explain how you meet the key requirements for this role listed in this advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
Closing dates for applications: Tuesday 3rd December 2019
Interviews to be held: Week Commencing 9th December 2019
Please quote reference: 190000NH
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are Monday 13th January 2020, Monday 17th February 2020 & Monday 16th March 2020