Job title Housing Assistant Intern (Post 02.072T)
Temporary Contract 18 months
Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging role? If the answer is “yes” then we would love to hear from you to help you ‘kick start’ your career within a busy office environment.
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, shopping and culture set in beautiful countryside which includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy. The town’s geographical location provides excellent transport links in all directions, London is just 30 minutes away on the train and the town is well served by frequent bus routes and subsidised Park and Ride facilities. All of this contributes to a quality of life that attracts many people to live, work in and visit Guildford.
What’s in it for you?
With some 900 employees, we are a hugely diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities and offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times and take extra flexi days (by agreement). We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount at a range of well-known high street shops and supermarkets. This role attracts a salary of £19,364 per annum and an annual leave entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays.
What you will do on a typical day:
- Deal with telephone enquiries and correspondence
- Provide support to the Business Support Manager and the Landlord Services Manager
- Complete written file reports and other documentation and ensure these are recorded and filed
- Maintain computerised information systems and ensure they are kept up-to-date and accurate
- Maintain statistics and records
- Compile and present a variety of information and statistics including reports
- Carry out project work
- Work jointly with partner agencies
- Assist with cover for other officers within Neighbourhood & Housing Management Services
- Liaise with estate agents/solicitors relating to the purchase of properties
- Occasional work out of hours for property viewings and inspections will be a requirement of the role
What you need to succeed in this role:
As a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proactive approach, with strong administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people at all levels
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy
- IT skills
It would be great if you also have:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative.
A basic DBS check will be required for the successful candidate prior to appointment.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sue Watts, Business Support Manager on 01483 444310
Closing date: 5pm 28th November 2019 Interview dates: TBC