Housing Needs Visiting Officers
Salary: GBP 28,000 per annum
12 Month fixed-term contract
TBG Flex - Part of The Barnet Group
The Housing Options Service at Barnet Homes is at the frontline of homelessness in Barnet and is currently recruiting 2 Housing Needs Visiting Officers to provide housing and homelessness advice in one of the most popular places to live in London. We are structured to meet the challenges of increasing housing demand and reduced supply and are now looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join our service.
The Housing Needs Visiting Officer will have a proven track record of working within a challenging frontline housing service. Based within the Housing Needs Teams the role will be critical in supporting Housing Needs Officers in preventing homelessness. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of mediation and art of negotiation when preventing homelessness.
If you have expertise and experience working to prevent homelessness and meeting the needs of homeless clients, you could be just the person for us. We need someone who can help us respond to the fundamental statutory shift heralded by the new Act. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Our vision is to provide the best advice and support for our clients reflecting full compliance, for the Ministry, Barnet Homes, and the Council.
Our target is to increase the number of households we prevent from becoming homeless, together with finding more suitable, settled homes for those needing accommodation.
Information about the role:
* You will be required to prevent homelessness by mediating in cases of family breakdowns and demonstrating good negotiation skills.
* You will be preventing families and individuals from becoming homeless by providing high quality housing advice accordance with the Homeless Reduction Act 2017.
* Conduct unannounced and planned visits are crucial to this role for all housing applicants and their hosts who are evicting them with a view to preventing homelessness.
* Carryout out cross working with colleagues to deliver an effective cross-functional service, and reduce placements in temporary accommodation.
* Conduct mediation work to prevent family breakdown and homelessness.
* You must have a car for work purposes, business insurance and a clean driving licence.
Please click here to view the full Job Description and Person Specification
How to apply
We encourage applications from talented professionals who are flexible, and confident in their ability to tackle challenging situations in a fast-paced environment. If you have what it takes to be part of our team, please submit your application by 23.59 on Monday 2nd December 2019.
Currently the Housing Options service is located at Barnet House, Whetstone N20. We will be moving to new modern offices at Colindale NW9 in 2019 - 2020.