North Lincolnshire Council is seeking an experienced capital accountant to work within Northern Lincolnshire Business Connect (the shared service between North Lincolnshire Council and North East Lincolnshire Council).
The main duties of the post will include:
– Advising on all aspects of Capital Accounting
– Liaising with the Property Teams at both Councils
– Ensuring the valuations in the Asset Management Systems are up to date
– Providing the relevant capital information for inclusion in the final accounts
– Completing capital returns to central government
You will have knowledge and experience of:
– Accounting and budgeting processes and frameworks
– Capital Accounting and Capital Financing in Local Government
– Application of CIPFA codes of practice and relevant legislation
– Computerised financial systems
– Working to strict and challenging deadlines
– Ability to analyse, interpret and respond to Code changes
You will be able to work effectively within a team, as well as on your own and you will be able to manage your workload to ensure you meet agreed deadlines.
The position will be primarily based within Hewson House, Brigg, but travel to Church Square House in Scunthorpe and the Municipal Offices, Grimsby will also be required.
For an informal discussion please contact:
Sarah Milburn - 01724 296026