Exciting opportunity within Islington Council for experienced taxbase officers and revenues inspectors/investigators.
Islington is continually looking to maximise their taxbase in relation to Council Tax and Business Rates and in doing so are expanding their pool of taxbase investigators. The successful applicants will work on a permanent 35 hours per week basis subject to an initial 6-month probation period.
The main purpose of the job is as follows:
- To conduct investigations/inspections for Council Tax and National Non Domestic Rates purposes.
- To provide forecasting information to assist the authority in the compilation of the Tax Base Report.
- To assist with the review of exemptions, discounts and reliefs within the agreed timescales.
- To work as part of a team to achieve or exceed targets for maximising the Council's tax base.
- To liaise with other staff, sections, departments, external organisations/companies and members of the public.
- Assist with work relating to Valuation Tribunals and assist with the preparation of court documents.
- To update system records ensuring data is accurate and factual.
We are looking to recruit exceptional people with Council Tax and National Non Domestic Rates experience, in particular in the field of inspections, investigations and taxbase maximisation; ideally with GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English. We are looking for people with the following attributes:
- Confident and resilient
- Capable of thinking laterally and proactively.
- Persuasive, persistent, self-motivated, flexible and organised.
- Good communicators, hard working and a good team players
- Professional with excellent customer care skills
- Able to handle each case in the correct manner and have the ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Able to learn quickly and to work to deadlines.
- Ability to use a wide range of IT packages
This role will be subject to a standard DBS check.
Closing date: Sunday 8th December 2019 at 23:59
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Lee Wright, Taxbase Maximisation Team Manager on 0207 527 8484