12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Engage and empower. Make a difference to the most vulnerable children.
Innovation, creativity and the courage to do things differently; this is how we work. This is your opportunity to be part of Makesafe, a dynamic and driven specialist team within Children’s Social Care working with children who go missing and are at risk of exploitation. This is gritty work, but passion and dedication are rewarded with relationships with the most characterful and exceptional children you’ll ever meet. You’ll be the trusted adult in their life with the power to make a difference and help them build a brighter future. Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
Makesafe is a close-knit team of energetic self-starters. Work is fast-paced and responsive. We face challenges by pulling together and trying out ideas. We work collaboratively with BFC colleagues and partners from other organisations to keep children safe. We are a successful team with an excellent reputation; the standards we work to are exceptionally high because we care about the children we work with.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Undertaking Return Home Interviews for Children from other areas that are placed in Bracknell Forest
- Building trusted relationships with vulnerable children that go missing and are at risk of exploitation
- Developing relationships with placing Local Authorities to encourage close partnership working and communication to help keep children safer
- Developing relationships with the organisations that run residential and semi-independent care provision for children in Bracknell
- Contributing to multi-agency meetings in Bracknell Forest and placing Local Authority areas that assess risk and action plan for children who go missing and are vulnerable to exploitation
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- A supportive team with regular management supervision.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
A driven, resilient and passionate self-starter who can work both independently and pull together with other team members when needed. A creative thinker who brings ideas to the table. Exceptional social skills; someone who can build rapport quickly and bring the best out of colleagues and the children we work with.
Interviews will be held on Friday, 6 December 2019
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Exploitation Prevention Manager
07826 953 564