Are you an experienced Debt Recovery Officer who knows how to maximise income collection?
The role will require you to:
To take responsibility for recovering outstanding debt due to the Council mainly by telephone however other methods such as email, texts and letters will also be used.
The role will entail but not limited to:
• A mixture of inbound/outbound calls
• Minimising arrears and maximising income collection
• Managing your own portfolio
• Taking enforcement action where necessary
• Working to targets and KPIs
To apply for this role, you must have the following:
• Previous Debt recovery
• Excellent communication skills.
• Target driven to deliver a consistently high level of customer service.
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent Organisational skills
• Ability to manage a complex and varied workload
• Good level of IT and analytical skills
• Be a fast learner (training will be provided within this role).
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 711608
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.