Casual Duty Manager
RG4 £20,541- £25,463 Pro rata, plus 10% Shift Allowance
South Street Arts Centre, part of Reading Borough Council’s Reading Arts team, is one of the UKs leading small-scale venues and is much loved by our loyal Reading audiences. We present a diverse range of acclaimed performance work from all over the world from the worlds of theatre, comedy, music and spoken word.
About the role
We are seeking to recruit a Casual Duty Manager to join our small, dynamic team and support the running of our busy performance programme. The role is a key to ensuring a high quality, customer focused, front line service, something we are proud to be renowned for. The role will be responsible for the smooth running of events including leading the casual team, liaising with artists & technical staff and managing the bar operation. The role will require evening and weekend working.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading and managing the staff team for events.
• Managing the bar operation, including cashing up and accounting for takings.
• Implement all risk assessments and health & safety practices.
• Liaise with visiting artists to ensure a high standard of customer care.
• Setting up and breaking down furniture for room bookings.
• Ensuring good housekeeping and reporting any issues with the facilities
• Knowledge of basic IT.
• Excellent customer service & communication skills.
• Good organisational skills, with the ability to work with different people.
• Experience of working in a licenced or venue environment, preferably in a supervisory role.
• An ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with colleagues, customers and industry contacts.
• Experience of working in the arts or entertainment industry.
• A clear passion for the arts.
• Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
• Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
• A wide range of flexible working opportunities
• Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
• Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
• Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
• Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts