We are looking for an exceptional person to fill this key position in our seven day a week operation across the leading banqueting and cultural venue in Reading.
Your role will be to perform a wide range of duties including:
- the first point of contact for clients and visitors
- setting rooms and equipment
- maintenance tasks, housekeeping, and health and safety
- café, bar, delivering catering and reception work.
About The Role:
You will often be the first point of contact for our clients and visitors so you will be able to deliver outstanding customer service at all times. Nothing will be too much trouble for you. You will respond to all our clients with a positive, constructive and 'can do attitude' as you will work to ensure that every visitor will want to return again and again.
As you develop in your role you will be happy to duty manage events and functions.
Working across the whole Town Hall complex you will need to be a great team worker, a real people person, have high presentation standards and be able to put your hand to anything.
This is a very active role and you will need to be physically fit.
We operate a shift system so you must be able to work evenings and weekends.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
For more information on this position please contact Damion Parsons on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 937 4952.