Economic Development Apprentice (Ref: EDA) 18month FTC
Business Administrator Apprenticeship - Level 3
Salary up to £15,796 p.a (National Minimum Wage, dependent on age)
The Council wishes to provide an excellent opportunity for a keen, enthusiastic individual to undertake a Business Administrator Apprenticeship - Level 3.
The successful applicant will work with experienced teams responsible for running the Council’s Economic Development and Community Infrastructure and Regeneration functions. The role will involve undertaking on the job training for four days per week and college/study activities for one day per week, leading to a Level 3 Business Administrator qualification. The duties of the role include:
- Assist the teams with a variety of projects including promoting tourism and generating business within the Borough, supporting improvements works within the town centres and organising the Council’s festive lighting schemes and many others
- Assist with processing payments and invoices and monitoring budgets
- Liaise with the public, other Council departments and external organisations in writing, by telephone and face to face
- Contribute to and administer internal meetings (organising and minute-taking)
- Assist with the maintenance and updating the Council’s website
- Complete general administrative duties and file maintenance; generally assist members of these busy teams where prioritisation and flexibility are crucial to success
- Learn to use MS Office and other IT systems within a business environment.
Applicants must have good written and spoken English, good interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail. Applicants must hold GCSE Maths and English at grade C (4) or above). In addition, the successful candidate should be reliable, with the ability to undertake the course of study with a positive attitude to learning and especially have an interest in the local area.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential in this post.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by midnight on Wednesday 27 November 2019
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org