About the role
- Supporting and training teams to use a social care case recording system.
- Delivering system training to managers and social workers to ensure that social care staff are trained and supported in the use the system.
- Offering help and advice to individual users who are struggling to use the system.
- Working through system issues with users and escalating issues for resolution.
- Supporting change and transformation programmes by providing training for new system processes.
- Producing guidance and support documentation.
The post will be part of a Social Care Business Systems Team within the IT and Digitalisation Service in our Resources Directorate.
We are looking for a skilled IT support and training officer to fulfil a challenging yet rewarding role to provide support to Brighter Futures for Children Social Care teams. The successful candidate will need to have the skills and abilities to be able to support users of a case recording system (mosaic).
If you have experience of training and supporting users of IT systems, we would like to hear from you.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at workFor more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25th November 2019 Interviews: 5th December 2019
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change