Grade D, point 5 £18,795 PRO RATA
The Governors at St Philip’s Primary School are looking to appoint a part time Teaching Assistant to work on 1:1 basis to support a child in KS1 with Trisomy 21. The successful candidate will be required to work mornings, Monday to Friday, Term Time only. The hours of work will be 9.00am. – 12.00p.m. starting as soon as possible until the return of the substantive post holder.
We are looking for a team player who has relevant, recent experience and high expectations. The role would involve delivering focussed learning activities which are tailored to the child and working very closely with parents and outside agencies.
The successful candidate must:
- Be supportive of the inclusive Christian ethos of the school
- Have confidence in supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Have a genuine desire to work with children
- Be enthusiastic, hard-working, with a sense of humour
- Be flexible, adaptable and have a positive working attitude
- Be able to set high expectations for themselves and children
- Have a willingness to contribute positively to our happy team and become involved in the wider aspects of school life
Our school is a strong community where staff work closely with governors, parents, pupils and the local community.
St. Philip’s CE Primary school is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and the appointment will be subject to references.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon on Wednesday 20th November 2019
Interview: Friday 22nd November 2019
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by telephone. Please bring a short task focused on CVC words.