Reading Borough Council's Parks Team is responsible for the grounds maintenance of Reading's parks and gardens, cemeteries, schools, Council Housing properties, and other open spaces. We currently have opportunities for grounds staff to join our busy in-house teams, undertaking general grounds maintenance in public areas and or tenants' gardens to a high standard.
About the role
Applicants must hold the relevant certificates to operate a wide range of estate maintenance equipment and be able to demonstrate significant experience of grounds maintenance operations. Knowledge of health & safety relating to the post is essential and some basic knowledge of machinery maintenance is required.
You should be:
* Courteous with customers
* A good team worker, physically fit, and willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
* Applicants must hold a current driving licence and will preferably hold a grounds maintenance qualification to NVQ Level 2.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you'll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
For further information, contact Chris Capper or Andy Gillespie in the Parks Team on 0118 9372724.