The Communication Learning Autism Support Service (CLASS) in ISEND, have a temporary, part-time role available for 1 year, as a practitioner in the Spectrum Service, which supports young people with social communication difficulties to access their local community. The post will work countywide with a base in Bexhill.
The role is to undertake direct work with young people and families to support improved outcomes for children and young people with social communication difficulties including autism spectrum disorders. To create and deliver opportunities for supporting young people with Autism to access leisure, recreational and universal facilities within their communities and local environment.
The candidate will need
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to engage with children, young people, families and school staff.
- QCF Level 2 qualifications including English and Mathematics
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant field e.g. in social care education or health.
- Experience of successfully working with vulnerable children and their families and understanding of their needs in the fields of social communication difficulties including ASD.
- A commitment to achieving the best outcomes for young people and families