£23,951 per annum for 36 hours per week, based in Epsom.
You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
About the role
Surrey Residential Homes accommodate children up to 18 years of age; the legal requirement set out by the DFE requires that all staff need to be at least four years older than the oldest accommodated young person; therefore the minimum age for application for this position needs to be twenty-two years.
Our Children's Home has been inspected by OFSTED and rated as 'Good'; we continue to invest in our home to provide a service that is ambitious, innovative and responsive to the needs of young people in our care.
We are committed to on-going professional development and offer a wide range of training courses that support staff to learn and develop skills throughout their employment. As an employer, Surrey County Council is dedicated to career progression and enhancing the opportunities for all of its staff members.
Working in Children's Homes can offer you a rewarding and fulfilling career. We are looking for people who are creative, playful and able to build meaningful relationships with our children. If you feel you have transferable skills which can enhance the lives of our young people, then we would welcome your application and the opportunity to meet you.
For the Residential Worker post, it is beneficial to have some experience of working with children and an understanding of some of the complex issues faced by children in care. You will also need to have empathy, resilience and a good sense of fun!
You will be enthusiastic, reliable and flexible in your approach to work as hours worked are on a rota basis. You need to be prepared to work evenings, weekends, bank holidays, sleep in's and occasional waking night shifts.
As a Residential Worker, you will:
- Be-able to interact and build relationships with young people
- Co-ordinate, promote and engage in activities
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of care plans for individual children
- Maintain good communications and continuity of work practice within the home
- Write reports
- It is a requirement that you will already have or that you are prepared to complete the Level 3 Diploma Children's workforce qualification within two years of your start date in this role.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position, your application will clearly evidence:
- Competency in Maths and English sufficient to be able to work towards the Level 3 Diploma
- Ability and preparedness to recognise and deal appropriately with conflict
- Awareness of the existence and effects of social disadvantage and discrimination
- Aspirations to "make a difference" and a view to practice in a restorative way
- A positive, adaptable, confident, resilient and self-aware approach to work
- A committed and flexible attitude.
- Transporting young people is an essential part of the role so you will need to hold a Driving license and be prepared to drive the home's vehicles.
Please find attached at the bottom of this advert the full job description for each role with more information on both. To be considered for a position you will need to evidence in your application and personal statement clearly how your skills, qualities and experience meet the requirements of the role you are applying for.
For an informal discussion please contact the Registered Team Manager Sara Lovegrove by e-mail at email@example.com or contact the home on 01372832400.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 1st December 2019.