Reading Borough Council is committed to providing high quality, effective and efficient waste collection service.
We carry out a full range of domestic, recycling and commercial waste collection services to a high standard endeavouring to reduce landfill and maximize recycling across the services.
Joining our Waste Services team, you will lead and deliver Reading Borough Council’s waste and recycling service, including the management of a large and diverse workforce. You will be responsible for the efficient and effective management and supervision of the Service, ensuring the waste generated across the Borough is collected and disposed of correctly, whilst continuing to maximise the proportion that is recycled.
We will be introducing kerbside food waste collection in 2020 so you will be joining the service at an exciting time of change, and you will be expected to support and help deliver the new service.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in managing a Waste and Recycling operation, having managed a large workforce previously. You will have the ability to deal with conflicting demands and have exceptional management, communication and problem-solving skills.
About the role
The main duties of the role will include the safe, compliant and efficient operation of the waste collection services, including a transfer station and household waste recycling centre. In addition you will ensure the waste services team is properly organised, staffed and managed and be responsible for the preparation and management of budgets.
You will also help deliver the introduction of a food waste collection service in October 2020, and the introduction of smaller bins.
Benefits available to RBC employees include:
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com