Debt Recovery Officer - Accounts Receivable (6 month Fixed term / Secondment contract)
Location: Enfield, London
Enfield Council is a modern and rapidly progressing Council and this post is a fantastic opportunity for those with a desire to be part of a team driving success.
Are you an articulate, experienced finance individual who’s wants to work for a service that puts customers first and who strives for success? Are you passionate about combining a high level of customer service whilst delivering challenging performance targets?
This position, based in Enfield Council’s Exchequer Service is responsible for the delivery of the Councils Accounts Receivable service to a myriad of different customers. You will be responsible for the management of all outstanding debts, ensuring timely payment collection and resolution of issues and queries.
Maximise income collections through proactive telephone, email & written communications with debtors.
Resolving enquiries from internal & external customers
Managing AR related activity workflow
- Accounts Receivable experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, including interpreting detailed and complex financial information
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Exceptional customer services skills and strong IT skills
If you’re ready for your next challenge and feel you fit our criteria, apply today!
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always #Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight the 21st November 2019
Interviews : Date to be confirmed
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Farida Uddin on 0208 132 1027. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 0208 379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Jeanne Edeam on 0208 132 1217 or Brenton Clarke on 0208 379 3808.
Fixed Term/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a Temporary contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term/temporary contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.