Lewes and Eastbourne Councils manage a large number of tenancies across its social housing stock. To support our housing teams on legal issues, we are looking for a part-time housing lawyer to join the councils’ forward-thinking legal practice.
You will be:
- Legally qualified, with a minimum 3 years’ PQE
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about housing law
- Able to advise on a wide range of housing tenancy matters, such as possessions, disrepair, antisocial behaviour and fraud; and on private sector housing standards
- Competent and confident to appear in court on behalf of the councils
- Someone who can build strong relations with colleagues, clients and councillors
In return, you will:
- Be part of a modern legal practice
- Be supported with your continuing professional development
- Have an opportunity to increase the practice’s range of housing clients
- Be part of a professional and friendly team
- Benefit from flexible working
Interview date: 5 December 2019.