£39,438 per annum for 36 hours per week, based at County Hall, Kingston Upon Thames.
A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the role
Can you create a plan and put it into action?
Are you determined to deliver results?
Would you relish driving through improvements in the service as part of a service transformation?
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, then this is the role for you!
The Orbis Pensions Administration Service is entering a very exciting phase of a Service Transformation whereby through a programme of works including a series of projects, continuous improvements, automation and people development, we will deliver a more modern and digital service, with more efficient systems and processes to support our vision of being 'The outstanding provider of exceptional LGPS administration'.
The service improvement programme will be looking to deliver the following high level outcomes:
- Intuitive digital self-service of Pension processes
- Increased automation of transactional processes
- A single trusted source of accurate pension data for improved decision making
- Improved oversight and analysis of data to support compliance with regulatory bodies
We are looking for a highly organised and driven person to join our Transformation Team as a Project Manager to help deliver a variety of projects within our busy programme. You will be leading projects across both our Kingston and Lewes offices to support our continued Orbis Partnership.
In this role there is a requirement to be a resourceful and proactive person, who will always see an obstacle as a chance to bring about a new solution. The more tools you have in your locker the better!
- Create, develop and deliver clear project plans
- Lead on service projects right from the discovery phase in to the delivery/implementation stage
- Deliver multiple projects simultaneously within the agreed program of works
- Build strong relationships within the Orbis partnership and its Pension Funds
- Managing a project team and ensuring budget/resources are monitored
- Maximise service delivery through the continuous review of systems, processes, working practices
- Creating and using data analysis to produce business improvement plans
- A track record in delivering projects and/or large service delivery tasks
- Demonstrable skills in project methodologies such as Prince, Lean, Agile etc (a qualification in Project Management would be beneficial)
- Proven leadership and management skills
- A clear desire to challenge the status quo and look for positive solutions
- Strong and demonstrable communication skills
Experience of working in the pension industry is desirable but not essential.
For an informal discussion please contact Tom Lewis on 07583 072853 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
To apply please attach your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are the right person for this job. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 24/11/2019