Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first
At Hillingdon we are passionate about delivering our vision of 'putting our residents first' and we do this through employing great people and building amazing teams. We provide competitive pay and excellent benefits (including 33 to 36 days holiday plus all bank holidays) and encourage our employees to make a real difference in Hillingdon. We have a resourceful, progressive and dynamic culture and you will really fit in if you want to challenge yourself, work collaboratively and gain a real sense of professional achievement. Ofsted have praised our 'outstanding leadership' and our SEND service has a new, vibrant management team so this really is a great opportunity to be part of something special at Hillingdon.
About the job
Following the successful implementation and launch of a new SEND and Inclusion Service, we are recruiting a Team Manager to lead our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Advisory Service in Hillingdon. This is an exciting time to be joining the SEND and Inclusion Service, where your input and expertise will help support and drive our collective vision for how we meet the needs of local residents with SEND.
This role includes all aspects of managing a team to effectively deliver and embed Inclusive practice which provide the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
We are transforming the way we work with families to ensure we provide a seamless service, which embeds the ‘tell us once’ approach. As Team Manager you will lead your team through our ongoing development journey in order to fulfil our vision.
About the person
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, with expertise and knowledge of best practice in relation to special educational needs and disabilities in line with the Children and Families Act 2014.
You will be incredibly familiar with the expectations on educational settings with regard to SEND and will be able to support and challenge schools and providers to ensure children and young people with SEND are included and make good progress.
Candidates are likely to have worked in a senior leadership role within a school or Local Authority previously and should have a proven experience of managing a team.
As this is a newly formed service, previous experience of managing a team through a period of change is highly desirable and all candidates must be willing and able to work collaboratively with others in order to mobilise new ways of working.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
· local government average salary pension scheme
· free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
· a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
· generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For mid to senior level positions holiday entitlement is 33 days a year (plus bank holidays) and rise to a maximum of 36 days after 10 year's service.
· career breaks
· childcare schemes for working parents
· flexible working hours
· season ticket loan
· access to a Credit Union
· on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
· access to a wide range of training and courses
· discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
· payment of professional fees where these are required
· discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
· cycle purchase scheme
· car sharing scheme
· 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses