We are looking for a Partnership, Strategy and Customer Relations Team Leader to provide direct management of the following posts (and related teams). Policy and Performance Manager (currently a job-share), Strategy and Partnerships Officer, Customer Relations Officer. You will be responsible for:
- Providing support and advice to the Senior Housing Related Support and Enabling Officer and Rough Sleeping Coordinator where required.
- Deputising for the Housing Strategy and Partnerships Manager as and when required. Oversee day to day running of services and provide a contact point for internal and external queries relating to Strategic Housing services.
- Attending workshops, conferences and briefings across Kent and the Southeast regularly. Be prepared to attend national events further afield if required.
- Working with the Strategy and Partnerships Officer on the support and development of the Homelessness Forum and related Task and Finish Groups. Providing guidance to voluntary groups around the standards expected of services who are signatories to Medway’s commissioning and delivery of the Housing Related Support Programme, through a range of inter-connected and targeted projects, in order to maximise the number of vulnerable local residents and stakeholders in Medway, that benefit through access to services and initiatives that will help prevent homelessness and improve quality of life.
- Encouraging and facilitating effective partnership working, the sharing of information and good practice, engaging with other local authority teams around the pooling of resources and the development of new initiatives that help meet housing and support needs.
- Ensuring performance management against the internal performance indicators and contractual targets of Medway Council.
- Leading on the collation and distribution of information on housing trends, performance indicators and housing output, including completing internal Performance Matters reports, Government returns and associated statistical returns.
- Developing key procedures and contingency plans as part of an integrated business plan approach to an excellent and continuously improving standard.
- Providing oversight on Housing Strategy, Housing Related Support and Rough Sleeping Initiative budgets, ensuring income and expenditure are correctly managed.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
- The Government has introduced new ways of supporting parents with childcare costs. Further details are available here: - https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Chris Giles, Housing Partnership and Strategy Manager on 01634 333232.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.