Grade: L18b - L24b (£62,426 - £72,306 pa)
Hours per week: 32.4
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: Summer term 2020 (we can be flexible for the right candidate)
Closing date: 9 December (9am)
Interview date: 9 & 10 January
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring headteacher to passionately lead our school on its continuing journey of achievement and success.
Our friendly school is a larger than average primary, situated in a wonderful setting, tucked between the South Downs and the sea, just outside the vibrant city of Brighton.
We are looking for a forward-thinking candidate, with a clear vision who can lead, motivate and enthuse staff, students, parents and the wider community.
Our new headteacher will be part of a hardworking team, who are proud of their school and truly believe in the potential of every child in their care. The school ethos is one of inclusion, respect and high aspirations for all. We are committed to ensuring our school community develops lifelong learners.
A successful candidate will:
- Lead by example with an open communication style that will challenge and motivate others.
- Have high aspirations for our pupils and the drive to ensure all our children achieve their best.
- Think creatively to anticipate and solve problems.
- Possess an enthusiasm for developing a well-connected and coherent curriculum.
- Be committed to the expectations of outstanding teaching and have the skills to support teachers in achieving this.
- Be able to think strategically about the school’s future and collaboratively create an inspiring vision which builds upon the school’s strong foundations.
- Have the highest personal and professional integrity and have the same expectations of your team.
What we can offer:
- A caring and inclusive school community built on supportive relationships.
- A hardworking and committed team, whose creativity drives new initiatives within the school.
- Polite, inquisitive and keen learners who are supported in their education by their families.
- A motivated and engaged Governing Body.
If you are interested in this wonderful opportunity, we would strongly encourage you to visit our school during the weeks commencing 25th November and 2nd December.
Visits and application packs can be arranged by contacting Katie Welburn on 01273 303358 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal conversation, please contact our Vice Chair of Governors, Colleen Weafer via email on email@example.com.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.