We are dedicated to high quality relationship-based social work, that is child-centred, family-minded, strengths and evidence-based, outcome-focused and fair. We are looking for outstanding team managers who will lead, inspire, motivate and support their teams to achieve the best possible outcomes for their children and families. In return we will support you with extensive training, dedicated clinical advice and support, small teams and caseloads, and administrative support.
Our Children's Services have been rated good by Ofsted for over a decade, and we continue to strive for excellence in our practice. We have a well-embedded practice framework, underpinned by our above principles. We make extensive use of systemic and strengths-based practices, as well as restorative and attachment-informed approaches. This was noted by Ofsted in 2017 who said "Southwark attracts experienced, high-quality social workers who are keen to work in small units that employ systemic methods… The model is well resourced and features clinical and group supervision alongside manageable caseloads. This promotes influential and effective direct work with children and families. The model is enabling a flourishing social work culture in the local authority, equipping social workers to address complex local concerns in this highly diverse community".
We are seeking skilled team managers who have the professional potential and personal attributes that our social workers and families need, and who want to be supported to flourish. We have fantastic career progression opportunities. In a focused visit earlier this year, Ofsted confirmed that "Staff have access to a wide range of induction and training courses. They report that they are supported and encouraged to engage in training and development, and these events provide good opportunities to reflect and focus on practice improvement".
As a team manager choosing Southwark you will benefit from:
- Small teams with low caseloads (counted per child), below the national average, and administrative support
- Access to dedicated advice, reflective developmental support, and targeted specialist interventions from systemic practitioners and psychologists, embedded within teams
- A competitive salary, good pension scheme and flexible working
- Annual leave starting at 28 days rising to 36 days with continuous service
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities, including the accredited Foundation Level in Systemic Practice for all our managers, as well as encouragement and support to undertake our ILM courses accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management. We also offer a wide range of training in practice development and supervision, restorative practices, secure base, and attachment or trauma informed practice.
- Support, advice and guidance from dedicated specialist staff including Child Exploitation Coordinator, Court Case Manager, Professional Educators (support NQSWs), as well as a range of other support and learning and development opportunities.
- Cycle to work or season-ticket loans, and further employee benefit schemes
- An extensive range of excellent community services to support your team's work with families, in a borough committed to 'Keeping Families Strong' and a 'Fairer Future' for all.
We currently have limited vacancies for team managers in Safeguarding and Family Support, Assessment and Intervention, and MASH Services. Please contact Principal Social Worker if you have questions.
Closing date: 17th November 2019
Interview & Assessment (Including role play) week commencing: 25th November 2019