London Borough Of Waltham Forest
£44,607 - £47,511
Low Hall Depot, Argall Avenue, Leyton, London, E10 7AS
36 hours per week.
19/11/2019 at 23:30 PM
Principal Finance Officer – Parking Services – PO6
HIGHWAYS/PARKING SERVICES FINANCE TEAM
An opportunity has arisen in Highways/Parking Services for a Principal Finance Officer. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to work in a dynamic team which provides an important service to our Residents and visitors. Parking Services is a demand led service, this role will provide robust financial guidance, analysis and advice which enables managers to make informed decisions and shape the delivery of the service.
PRINCIPAL FINANCE OFFICER: Highways/Parking Services. SALARY: PO6
As a Principal Finance Officer in you will report to the Group Manager Traffic and in a strategic financial advisory role you’ll be responsible for providing a vital financial planning and analysis service.
- Have strong accounting skills including financial reporting knowledge and significant experience in all aspects of the annual budget cycle including year-end reporting.
- Have excellent Inter-Personal skills as this role involves working closely with the service at all levels of seniority daily.
- Provide high quality reporting that can be used for budgeting, forecasting and ad-hoc analysis, having sound experience of budget and variance analysis including data analysis for management dashboards.
- Part-qualified Accountant (CCAB recognised) or fully qualified AAT or have significant experience of working in a Public Sector finance environment.
- Have demonstratable strong Excel and report writing skills.
- Be well versed with audit compliance; be able to maintain effective controls and working papers.
- Provide a high level of technical acumen with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with our internal and external stakeholders.
- Be able to show that you can provide both the Corporate Finance Team and Highways/Parking Services Teams with the level of support required from this senior role, including knowledge of the national challenges affecting Parking Services funding and the strategies being applied to address them.
Experience of the SAP accounting system is desirable.