£34,688per annum for 36 hours per week based at Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking GU22 7QQ.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified Social Worker to join the County Transition Team on a permanent basis to work with a cohort of young people aged 14-25.
This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting area of Adult Social Care. We are a passionate team, taking a whole family, strengths based approach in supporting young adults and families to achieve positive outcomes within their own communities.
Embracing the ongoing developments in both Adults and Children's Legislation, we are continually developing new ways of working with our Health, Education and other partners. If you meet the following criteria, then we want to receive your interest.
- Are you a qualified, HCPC registered Social Worker, who has completed ASYE, in a Social Care or multi-agency community setting?
- Do you excel in your profession and are you interested in the challenges of working in a busy, high volume, professional environment?
- You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards.
- You will have sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice in a social care setting, using this in complex situations to develop multi-agency interventions that promote all possible independence.
- In particular, you will have an applied knowledge of Care Act, The Mental Capacity Act and experience of undertaking Safeguarding enquiries.
- You will be able to communicate in a clear, fluent way, without jargon and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
In return for all of your skills, enthusiasm and commitment we will support you to take your career to the next level. You will receive professional supervision and be working in a team of motivated, dedicated and friendly colleagues.
A six month Senior Social Worker Readiness Programme is currently in progress as a means of supporting staff for career development.
For an informal discussion contact Gareth Owen on 01276 800229.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 24th November 2019
Interviews will take place at the beginning of December 2019