2 X Fixed Term, Maternity Cover
Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted Kennet Day Nursery is a well-established work place day nursery for Reading Borough Council employees situated in the Civic offices.
About the role
We are looking to recruit two fixed term Nursery Officers to cover two maternity posts. You should be committed to delivering high quality care to our children and families.
- You will need to have a warm and caring attitude.
- You should be creative, dynamic and a good communicator with a flexible approach to your work.
- Applicants should have experience of working with children and must hold a relevant Level 2/3 qualification in early years or childcare.
- The ideal candidates will have a good working knowledge of the EYFS and demonstrates a commitment to safeguarding and providing childcare in a non-discriminatory and inclusive manner.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Staff Club - organises events such as pub quizzes and theatre trips
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at work
For further information, or to arrange a visit to the nursery, please contact us on 0118 937 2509.
Closing Date: 18TH November 2019
Interviews: week commencing 25th November