We think that Islington Learning Disabilities Partnership is a great place to work and are looking for a qualified social worker to join us. In October we are celebrating 20 years of being a fully integrated team, offering a dedicated service to adults with learning disabilities in Islington, and feel there has never been a better time to come and join us.
We are particularly looking for practitioners who have lots of energy and enthusiasm, who are keen to develop their knowledge, skills and practice within the MDT and are able to transfer some of their learning, knowledge and skills from their current role. ILDP is a welcoming and supportive service, with lots of opportunities for learning, reflective case discussions and professional development.
Preferably you will have experience of working with adults with mental health diagnoses, autism, substance misuse, forensic histories and/or challenging behaviour, as the post is within the team that specialises in working with this client group.
Your primary role will be:
- Working with service users and their families, other partner organisations and individuals and making referrals as necessary or appropriate
- Contributing to eligibility assessments
- Carrying out strength based assessments,
- Co-producing outcome based support plans
- Coordinating and undertaking reviews and other meetings
- Acting as named care co-ordinator under CPA, including attending ward rounds and MHRT’s
- Undertaking complex case work
- Carrying out safeguarding enquiries
- Utilising relevant legislation, policies and procedures and good practice guidance.
- Assessing and managing risk,
- Have a good working knowledge of and working with safeguarding adult’s policies and procedures,
- Being accountable for your work,
- Maintaining accurate records, and
- Being able to work in partnership with health colleagues.
Closing Date: Sunday 24th November 2019 23:59
Interview Date: 9th/10th December 2019