Home to School Transport - Passenger Assistants x 26
We are currently recruiting for Transport Passenger Assistants to work in our home to school transport service in Enfield and surrounding areas.
These roles assist children with varying special educational needs and help ensure they are transported to school via taxi or minibus in a safe and caring way.
The role is part time and in school term time only. Passenger Assistants are required to have a DBS check and required hours of work are normally between 7:30am - 9:30am and 2:30pm - 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
The Transport Passenger Assistant is collected and dropped off from their home address by the vehicle driver, and the role offers great job satisfaction helping children reach their full potential in life.
You must have a caring nature, be very reliable, and be able to commit to working all school days during the school year.
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply online.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 5pm on 15th November
For manual applications please contact Monica Tyson on 0208 379 3770 or visit Depot Morson Road, Ponders End, Enfield EN3 4NQ
You will recieve the following documents
* Privacy Notice
* Job description/Person Specification
* Work History Form
* Equalities Form
* Paper application
Please note applications must be submitted by 15th November at 5pm
To apply online please click on the link below
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Cheyenne Moses on 0208 132 5432 or email Cheyenne.Moses@enfield.gov.uk A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Monica Tyson on 020 8379 3770 or Julian Minta on 0208 379 5231 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.