Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
Join Hillingdon Adult and Community Learning in our journey from Good to Outstanding. We are a forward-thinking provider who puts our learners at the heart of everything we do and we are looking for an outstanding candidate to join our senior leadership and curriculum management team.
About the job
This is a Fixed Term Contract for up to two years.
Step on the Career Ladder
Become an Apprentice - Get In, Go Far!
Would you like the opportunity to earn while you learn and work for London’s second largest Borough? We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic applicant for our Apprenticeship Programme (specialising in data analysis and business intelligence).
At Hillingdon Council, we recognise that there are many paths to a career in the public sector and we are eager to develop your skills and guide you through to the next level. Our programme invites you to bring your unique skills and experience to our organisation, and promises to challenge you. No two days at Hillingdon are the same and you will complete your apprenticeship with the confidence to tackle any role. Gain the experience and qualifications sought by future employers to push your CV to the top of the pile.
· Support continuous improvement by assisting with the assessment of the needs of our residents and assisting in the development of corporate intelligence about service demands and outcome. This includes:
o Assisting in the collation and preparation of data to build corporate intelligence to identify areas for improvement, including performance and risk, needs assessments, customer feedback, complaints and the evaluation of services
o Develop understanding and use of corporate intelligence systems (e.g. Tribal MIS) to maximise the intelligence from the information available to the Council’s Adult and Community Learning service· Support and assist with the preparations and submission of performance assessment data to Government and other departments including:
- Support the completion of statutory performance and activity returns, liaising where appropriate with relevant outside bodies (e.g. Department for Education, Greater London Authority, Dept for Communities and Local Government) and regulatory bodies (e.g. Ofsted) and other Government departments or agencies as required and appropriate
- To work closely with managers to assist with the interrogation and analysis of performance data to ensure accuracy prior to submission of assessment data
- To maintain an accurate, robust, auditable record of performance data in line with Council policies and other governance requirements
· To work as part of a team responsible for meeting deadlines and committed to delivering high standards of customer care; and
· Support the HACL team in the delivery of improvement initiatives and change programmes.
About the person
The successful applicant will receive on-the-job training in all areas of Further Education funding, gaining the experience and technical skills required to stand out from the crowd.
This role will offer successful candidates an incredible opportunity to gain experience of working closely with the management team ensuring that services delivered meet the needs of our residents whilst achieving a Level 4 qualification. If you are looking for an exciting career with lots of variety, then this is an ideal path for you!
We welcome people of all ages to take advantage of our apprenticeship programme. Whether you are at the beginning of your professional career or re-entering the workforce, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who has proficient IT skills, particularly Excel. This Apprenticeship Programme is an ideal entry into the occupation and supports progression within data analysis and business intelligence sectors. You should have 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C or equivalent including Maths and English. 3 A-Levels will be an advantage (but are not essential).
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the post please email Nicola Taylor, Curriculum Development Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For mid to senior level positions holiday entitlement is 33 days a year (plus bank holidays) and rise to a maximum of 36 days after 10 year's service.
- career breaks
- childcare schemes for working parents
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses