Policy Officer – Planning Policy (Transport)
Permanent, full time
Salary: £29,235 - £42,145 per annum
To articulate the council’s priorities, develop strategies to deliver these priorities and communicate them effectively to key stakeholders.
- Work with Members to articulate and update performance against the corporate plan of the council
- Ensuring an effective strategy and policy framework that underpins the corporate plan
- Delivering the Local Plan as a core component of strategy, developing a framework for the use of land which delivers against the corporate plan
- Accountability for developing and maintaining suitable strategic partnerships that deliver on our shared priorities and target outcomes
- Prioritise the needs of the borough, and engaging with internal and external customers through the most effective channel
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Planning
- Organisational and Budget alignment to priorities
- Strategy reviews
- Local Plan
- Corporate Risk Management
- Policy Development
- Engagement of the appropriate elements of the Council in discharging the above
- Deliver customer-focused specialist advice and services for one area of specialism, keeping up to date with current and emerging legislation, best practice and policy to ensure continuous development and improvement in services
- Manage complex or contentious applications, cases and inspections that will require an understanding of one specialist area, processes and compliance, regulations and legislation, acting as the single point of contact for customers on those cases, attending court as appropriate
- Ensure personal, professional development is maintained to the required standards
- Access and accurately update all relevant information systems, both customer and back office ensuring that the master customer record is updated and maintained through verification and validation, and in accordance with Data Protection principles
- Acting as member of corporate or community project teams - providing specialist advice and input
- Owning relationships on behalf of the council relevant to day-to-day delivery of services or projects
Level 2 (in addition to the above):
- Support, guide and advise multi-skilled service delivery teams (Customer and Case Management) on less complex cases related to the specialism
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation, Members and managing key relationships e.g. with members, partners, other stakeholders
- Being accountable for a range of more complex cases, ensuring satisfactory resolution that will require a good understanding of specialist area, processes and compliance, regulations and legislation.
- Undertake a range of more complex cases that will require good understanding of specialist area, processes and compliance, regulations and legislation
- Owning key professional and technical stakeholder relationships on behalf of the council relevant to day-to-day delivery of services or projects
Level 3 (in addition to the above):
- Being accountable for a broader range of more complex cases, ensuring satisfactory resolution that will require a very good understanding of specialist area, processes and compliance, regulations and legislation.
- Identify and manage risks within specialist area.
- Undertake specific projects as directed and work closely with Senior Policy Officers and other units across the council.
A basic DBS will be required for the successful applicant prior to appointment.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 12 November 2019