The Pantry Café & Kitchen is the new independent café destination for Reading. - www.thepantrytownhall.co.uk
We are looking for energetic, fun and smiling people to come and work with us here at the Town Hall. You will be joining a fantastic team who have built an excellent reputation with fresh quality locally sourced food served to a very high standard.
In return we offer a good working environment and work life balance and friendly colleagues.
About the role
Your role will be
- Working as part of the team to produce the food required for the Café and for Events functions.
- To continually provide the best quality products for all customers and clients by supporting the Executive Chef to ensure service is operating effectively including cleanliness and presentation of food.
- To support the Executive chef in the efficient planning and ordering of all food supplies.
- To support the Executive chef in the preparation of food orders.
- To work together to ensure customers enjoy their experience in the Café & the Town Hall.
- To work closely alongside the Café & Town Hall Front of House teams, supporting where needed.
Every day you will have a warm and friendly approach to all our customers, engaging whenever possible and proactively keeping an upbeat atmosphere and rhythm in the café & kitchen.
You will have
- Previous experience working in a busy kitchen
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety Food Hygiene legislation.
- Excellent customer service skills with an upbeat, friendly & professional personality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to control costs, prevent wastage and produce good profit margin
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
For more information on this position please contact Damion Parsons on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 937 4952.