Principle Exchequer Officer Pensions
Salary: £37,842 to £40,728
Enfield Council is a modern and rapidly progressing council and this post is a fantastic opportunity for those who have experience in Local Government Pension Scheme administration.
The aim of this newly created specialist role is to deal with reporting, assist in development, supporting senior officers to allow them to focus on member engagement.
Reporting to the Pensions Manager you will have management line responsibility for up to 5 Pensions Officers and will be proactive to drive excellence, contributing to the efficient and effective preparation and processing of a comprehensive pensions administration
As a senior member of the team you will be required to actively contribute to the smooth running of the service, manage performance and coach and develop colleagues to continue to raise standards and productivity. It is essential that Principle Exchequer Officer has the skills, creativity and emotional intelligence to assist the pensions service’s continued ambitions whilst ensuring that financial regulations and customer expectations are met.
Principle Exchequer Officers are able to deliver a wide range of finance related activities, drawing on technical expertise, knowledge and experience to add value and drive process improvements in the pension’s administration team.
The Enfield Pension Fund is moving towards a more automated way of working to increase member and employer engagement whilst reducing the amount of manual intervention by staff allowing them to focus on more technical areas of pensions.
Management of the day to day administration of the Councils pension function to ensure both KPIs and service level agreements are met.
Checking and signing off the pensions administration and dealing with more complex area’s of pension administration.
Coaching and developing colleagues
Deputising for the Pensions Manager in his absence.
- Excellent knowledge of the Local Government Pension Scheme, associated legislation and the Altair pension system
- Good IT skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, including interpreting detailed and complex financial information
- Exceptional management skill set
- Exceptional customer services skills
- Creative ability to develop and implement new ideas in service improvement.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight, 29 November 2019
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Tim O'Connor on 0208 379 8905 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.