Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first
About the job
Hillingdon Council are recruiting two CCTV Supervisors on a part-time permanent basis. One post is (14 hours per week) working a shift pattern of 7pm-11pm and the other post is working (21 hours per week) working a shift pattern of 1pm-7pm. The salary advertised will be pro-rata.
We are looking to recruit CCTV Supervisors who will lead a team of CCTV Officers whose primary responsibility is to deter, detect and report to reduce crime and anti-social activity. The service operates 24/7 and works closely with the police and emergency services to create a safer and more secure environment for the community.
This challenging role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work in one of the council's high profile services: the CCTV Management Suite.
The key responsibilities are: • To supervise and guide CCTV Operatives
• Monitor images from the CCTV systems
• Ensure organisational and operational aspects of the CCTV service are carried out in accordance with Council policies.
• Ensure incidents are recorded and downloaded
• Liaise with the Police, other statutory partners and / or LBH teams where appropriate
• Attend Court to give evidence if required
• Ensure protocols, health and safety requirements and operating procedures are followed at all times
• Maintain complete, concise, detailed and accurate written accounts of all incidents in the Incident Log
About the person
The successful candidates will have previous experience of working in a CCTV or surveillance setting. A Security Industry Authority (SIA) Public Space Surveillance CCTV licence is desirable or you must be willing to undertake this training.
An ability to perform well under pressure is essential as this role will require you to calmly and efficiently deal with all emergency situations.
You will join a supportive, professional environment, driven by a commitment to deliver an excellent service that focuses on reducing crime and the fear of crime in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
Please see attached job profile and person specification for further information on this role. Please state in your application which post you are applying for.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include: • local government average salary pension scheme
• free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
• a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
• generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
• career breaks
• flexible working hours
• season ticket loan
• access to a Credit Union
• on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
• access to a wide range of training and courses
• discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
• payment of professional fees where these are required
• discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
• cycle purchase scheme • car sharing scheme
• 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses