Camden Council’s Business Support team is Recruiting for six Apprentice Business Support Officers
An exciting opportunity for you to train, earn and learn. Camden Council’s Business Support team is offering the chance for SIX talented and enthusiastic Camden residents, former Camden secondary school students or Camden care leavers to become Business Support Officers and complete a Level 2 apprenticeship in Business Administration.
- Salary: £19,804 per year £10.55 per hour)
- Apprenticeship: Business Administration level 2
- Contract length: 15 months
- Hours: 36 per week Monday to Friday
- Location: King’s Cross
- Application deadline: midnight on Wednesday 13th November
- Employer interview: W/C 25 November
- Start date: end of January/early February 2020 (subject to satisfactory references)
Business Support Officers provide a professional, proactive, customer focussed business administration service to the organisation, enabling services to meet their obligations and Council objectives.
Tasks will include:
- Ensuring that services have the necessary office equipment required to carry out their functions.
- Carrying out a range of administrative tasks to support services such as producing correspondence, supporting with meetings and events, minute taking and data entry.
- Assisting customers accessing the Business Support service.
(Please refer to job description for full list of duties and required skills relating to this post.)
What kind of person do you need to be:
- Committed to completing an Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Able to use Microsoft Office IT applications
- Have a positive attitude towards teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to follow instructions and to provide a customer focussed support service.
- Able to use initiative and manage own workload, working to set deadlines
- Proactive and inquisitive, able to help the team find more efficient ways of working
About the Business Support service
The Business Support service supports services across Camden to enable teams to focus on delivering for the people of Camden. The service provides a range of services from supporting with maintain systems, to the raising of purchase orders, scanning of documentation and management of post. The service also provides a reception service to business visitors and support to enable staff to work in an agile way.
The Business Support service is a customer focused and approachable service that puts Camden citizens at the heart of everything that we do. The service works to understand the needs and priorities of services and is flexible and adaptable to quickly respond to services’ changing needs and focuses on adding value.
All staff in the service need to be willing to undertake the full range of activities undertaken by the service.
To apply for this role, you must:
- Be a Camden resident/ care leaver, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver
- Have been resident in the UK / EU for the last 3 years (except refugees and asylum seekers)
- not already have an NVQ level 2 or higher qualification in Business Administration
- Have relevant ID proving your right to work in the UK.
Additional information: Roles may close early if we receive a sufficient number of suitable applicants – interested applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- Camden Apprenticeships values the diversity of our community and seeks a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
- Flexible working may be able to be accommodated for the right candidate – If you would like to find out if the flexible working arrangements you require would be possible please email your enquiry to email@example.com
- Please note - flexible working arrangements cannot be guaranteed.
- A guaranteed invitation to a pre-screening interview is offered to all care leavers who meet the minimum requirements for this role.