Senior Planner (Enforcement Team)
This is an exciting time for the London Borough of Redbridge; we are at the heart of regeneration and change in East London, with unprecedented investment in the area expected in the next few years and Cross Rail will open up new opportunities for new homes and jobs. We benefit from excellent transport links across London and Essex and our offices, based in Ilford, are only 9 minutes from Stratford and 18 minutes from Liverpool Street, in the heart of the city.
Our vision is Ambitious for Redbridge, and to help us meet our challenges the Council is shaping its service areas to meet the needs and diversity of the population. As part of the vision we have recently undertaken a major restructure of the Planning, Property and Regeneration Services and are still currently recruiting to a number of new and exciting posts. The reorganisation of the service area enables the potential for career development and progression as we grow our team.
About the Role
* To resolve complex enforcement cases. This will involve resolving planning breaches using both informal and formal techniques
* To deal with appeals and prosecutions relating to the service of enforcement notices,
* To deputise for the team leader
* To ensure that there is full and effective engagement of public and stakeholders in the process.
* To provide support and supervision, as required, to planners and graduate planners.
For further information about the job role please contact:- Simon Cullen, Interim Enforcement and Appeals Manager, email@example.com
Interviews will be scheduled during week commencing 16th December 2019.