Hours: 5hrs 50mins per week
Ensuring the safety of children crossing the road at designated points between specified times and to maintain control over children who are awaiting your instruction to cross.
Principal Job Purpose
Responsible to: The Traffic Safety Officer
Responsible for: Ensuring the safety of children crossing the road at designated points between specified times.
- To comply with the relevant sections of the Authority’s policy statement on Health, Safety and Welfare at Work.
- To adhere to the principles of the Corporate Equality Policy and ensure commitment to anti-discriminatory practice.
- To ensure the safe passage of children crossing the road and to maintain control over children
who are awaiting your instruction to cross.
- To wear the correct uniform and to use the equipment provided for the safety of yourself, children
and all other members of the public, especially when stopping traffic on the highway.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may from time to time be required by management.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: Thursday 14th November 2019 – 12:00am, midnight
Interview Date: Tuesday 26th November 2019