Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
This post is a fixed term contract opportunity with a projected end date of 31 March 2021.
We are seeking a Stronger Communities Co-ordinator to support the work of the Stronger Communities Manager and priorities of Hillingdon's Stronger Communities Partnership and Safer Hillingdon Partnership.
The post holder will be expected to coordinate and facilitate a specific programme of engagement, education and capacity building within our diverse communities in Hillingdon, which supports community cohesion and resilience to extremism.
About the person
You will need to have a good understanding of the issues related to community cohesion and extremism and how that impacts upon communities, alongside demonstrable knowledge and experience of developing a range of interventions that can be implemented and support the building of stronger communities. You will need to be experienced in community development and engagement with a track record in delivering community based initiatives including partnership working. You will need to have experience of working within diverse communities including working with different faiths in promoting community cohesion and building positive relationships. The post holder will use experience and knowledge to identify and build relationships with partners, individuals and groups in Hillingdon who are doing important work to build stronger and more resilient communities and/or counter extremism.
You will have strong communication skills, including the ability to sell ideas and concepts and to articulate a shared vision across a range of stakeholders and achieve successful outcomes as well as the ability to produce high quality written material.
If you would like to have a brief conversation with the recruiting manager prior to applying, please contact Fiona Gibbs fgibbs@Hillingdon.gov.ukWe offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses