Broxbourne Environmental Services Trading Limited (BEST) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Broxbourne Borough Council, delivering the Council’s domestic refuse and recycling collections, commercial waste collections, street cleansing, grounds maintenance and cemetery services, plus a range of other activities.
QUALITY MONITORING OFFICER – Ref: QMO
Starting salary up to £20,000 p.a
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, hardworking Quality Monitoring Officer to assist the Waste Management team in the delivery and development of the waste management and recycling collection services.
This role requires a committed individual to ensure our services are always delivered ‘right first time’ and service standards are met, by:
- Understanding routes and problematic locations
- Implementing quality control checks across the service
- Identifying any potential cause for collection issues and taking appropriate action to resolve
- Resolving issues on site where practicable to do so and communicating required follow-up action in a timely fashion
- Visiting individual households, streets and communities as directed to explain and promote more effective recycling and to offer advice on waste minimisation.
To succeed in this role, applicants must be passionate about recycling, able to assist in delivering change to improve the efficiency of the service, and enjoy working outside. Applicants should be competent IT users, proficient with Word and Excel Microsoft packages and have a full driving licence.
Applicants must be effective communicators, enjoy working as part of a team, and be capable of meeting challenging targets. Customer care is key within this role, as is working flexibly across Bank holidays and weekends when necessary.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential in this post. We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes:
- A full training and development programme
Nest Pension Scheme membership
- Free membership to two local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services
- Smart uniform
- Comprehensive benefits and discount scheme
BEST is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Borough of Broxbourne website.
Application forms must be submitted online by midnight Sunday 17 November 2019 quoting the above reference.
BEST c/o Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org