You’ll be part of an ambitious team - a friendly group of people who work together to make a positive difference for our communities. If you can help us achieve that, we’ll genuinely value you and the work you do.
About the role
Reading Borough Council is in need of experienced Cleaning Operatives for its Cleaning Services Team. We want to offer our stakeholders the best possible service and would like to recruit dedicated individuals who are committed to driving improvements and ensuring high standards are met. We have various roles available.
If you have experience of providing the highest standards of cleaning to a wide range of facilities, by washing, mopping, dusting, polishing, vacuum cleaning and sweeping, can follow all relevant Health & Safety rules and guidelines, e.g. wearing protective clothing in accordance with COSHH, report maintenance issues and maintain adequate stocks of consumables on site, we would love to hear from you. We require drivers with a full UK driving licence for these roles.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition are strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- · Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave.
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay.
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities.
- The modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading.
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) .
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS).
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts.
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees.
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work.
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax.
For more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org