In this demanding frontline role you will use your excellent communication and customer service skills working in a busy multi-tasking environment, answering alarm and telephone calls and co-ordinating responses.
This includes life critical calls handling.
Salary range: £19,554 to £21,166 pro rata plus standby payments and enhancements for weekend and overnight working.
Hourly rate: £10.14 to £10.97 (plus enhancements)
About the role
CareLink Plus is a 24 hour service. You will be required to work hours some weekends as part of your regular working pattern, in addition to hours worked during the week. You will work a variety of shifts over 24 hours including night working.
We can offer you:
- enhancements for working in the evenings, at weekends and on bank holidays, paid at the following rates - Weekend (x 0.5), night hoursrs (x 0.33). For these 27 hour positions, based on a typical flexi rota, the enhancements earned would likely be in the region of £4,000 per year.
- a career average pension scheme
- generous holiday up to 25 days a year (Pro rata)
- regular supervision meetings
- a range of other staff benefits
You will also be required to participate in standby duties (where you will receive an additional payment) to be available to work at short or without notice, to cover resourcing shortfalls in the service. You must live within the city of Brighton and Hove or within a reasonable travelling distance to Kemptown, so that you can attend swiftly when required.
Your experience of providing services to vulnerable client groups, and ability to quickly and calmly assess an emergency situation and take appropriate actions, will be combined with excellent team working skills.
Due to the specialised nature of the work, an initial bespoke training program must be undertaken. You must have the capability and the aptitude to learn new skills and develop these to required standards within restricted time frames. Good ICT skills are required. Applicants without a driving license will be considered for interview.
As this role is for a part time 27 hour post a job share would not be applicable.