Lawyer - Planning and Highways
Lawyer - Contracts and Procurement / Property
Lawyer - Education, Adult Social Care and Housing
Legal Excellence is our standard. Help us to maintain it.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. This means combining our technical skills with the softer skills that our clients value. We see ourselves as business partners to our clients, ensuring that legal advice is based upon a range of service delivery options and a proportionate appetite for risk. As enablers, we strive to ensure the Council achieves its strategic aims whilst working within legal parameters.
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small team who works closely together to make sure that we are providing the best support to the Council’s officers and members. Sometimes the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Develop your skills and competencies in a learning environment which values creativity, teamwork and innovation.
- Provide legal advice, assistance and representation to the Councils and to other clients.
- There will be opportunities for continuing professional development through attendance at courses, viewing of webinars and undertaking training sessions for clients.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We have three available roles: Lawyer – Planning and Highways; Lawyer – Contracts and Procurement/Property and Lawyer – Education, Adult Social Care and Housing. Please specify on your application form the position you are applying for.
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic, confident and reliable professionals who are passionate about the law with a strong focus on customer service.
Political awareness will be key to being successful in this role.
Late November/Early December 2019 (dates to be confirmed)
Want to ask us a question?...
Name: Helen Brewster (For the Planning and Highways; Contracts and Procurement/Property roles)
Job Title: Legal Services Manager (Place)
Phone Number: 01344-352037
Name: Baljinder Sanghera (For the Education, Adult Social Care and Housing role)
Job Title: Legal Services Manager (People)
Phone Number: 01344-353139