This is an exciting opportunity to work in our Seniors Housing service. The service provides specialist housing for older people in Brighton and Hove, encouraging independence within a thriving community.
The scheme manager plays a crucial role in delivering the front line service in our housing schemes.
We are proud of our achievements so far and seek a scheme manager who can positively contribute to the service moving forward.
There are 2 roles available, 1 permanent & 1 fixed term (12 months)
Interviews to be held 3rd and 4th December
For an informal discussion, please contact
Graham Davies - Sheltered Housing Team Manager on 01273 293218 or Elisabeth Neighbour - Team Manager Seniors Housing on 01273 293123
About the role
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience with working with older people, ideally within the retirement or sheltered housing sector.
- Excellent customer service experience and an ability to continually improve service delivery in a diverse community.
- The ability to work creatively and collaboratively with a wide range of colleagues and partners.
- The ability to develop active and thriving communities.
- The ability to encourage and support people to age well and thrive.
- A good working understanding of health and safety and safeguarding issues.
- The ability to work alone and respond to emergencies and challenging situations.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.