£34,688 per annum for 36 hours per week based at County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 2DW. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception. We are looking to relocate back into the county by 2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to work as part of the Emergency Management & Resilience Team providing an emergency planning service to all stakeholders in Surrey so that Surrey responds to a major emergency effectively.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- significant experience of emergency planning or project work in a County Council or similar setting and ability to work with minimum supervision
- A degree or professional qualification in a related subject or a professional diploma or able to demonstrate a comparable level of capability
- An understanding of the aims and objectives of emergency planning and the Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Principles
- A good working knowledge of emergency planning and event safety at a national, regional and local level
- An ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines, making the most effective use of available resources
- The Officer will also be expected to partake in the out of hours emergency duty rota and travel throughout the county
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Alan Morris on 020 8541 7753 or by e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 17th November 2019.
Interviews are currently scheduled to take place in the week commencing 2nd December. Please note that this may be subject to change.