The RBWM Children and Care Applications team provides system administration, support, training and development for a number of applications for users across the council, including Strategy and Commissioning, Adults (Optalis), Children’s and Health (AfC), and schools across the Borough.
We are seeking a SIMS support specialist to work and help lead our small team with responsibilities for delivering system administration, support, training and development of the Capita SIMS school management information system.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable SIMS Specialist to join our SIMS for Schools service to deliver high quality support services to schools.
The role will be varied, including:
- Providing first and second line technical support to schools.
- Providing support of SIMS Core Modules including Assessment, Attendance and Pupil data.
- Advising schools on how to use SIMS to enhance students’ outcomes.
- Planning, preparing, and delivering SIMS training courses to school staff.
- Assisting with testing and deploying system updates and upgrades.
Ideally, you will have demonstrable experience of using the Capita SIMS management information system software modules, including Assessment, Attendance and Pupil Data in an education setting and have excellent ICT skills. In addition, demonstrable experience of using the Capita SIMS Secondary modules, including Assessment, Lesson Monitor, Cover, Examinations and Nova T Timetabling in an education setting, as well as using SIMS Personnel and SIMS FMS Finance modules would be an advantage.
If you would like an informal chat about the role please contact Daniel Brookman on 01628 796196 or email Daniel.Brookman@rbwm.gov.uk
Closing date: 10 November 2019
Interviews: 22 November 2019