1:1 SEND Teaching Assistant 2 plus additional/separate post of Teaching Assistant 2.
The governors of St. John’s C.E. Primary school are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant to work with an SEN pupil on a 1-1 basis, 15 hours per week, 9:30am to 12:30 pm Monday to Friday. This is a fixed term post initially from Dec 2019 to Aug 2020 and is dependent on SEN funding for the designated child.
In addition and separately, to work in lower KS2, 11.25 hours per week, 1:00 to 3:15pm Monday to Wednesday, supporting the children and class teacher with interventions and general duties within the class. This is a fixed term post initially from Dec 2019 to Aug 2020
We are seeking a candidate who:
- is supportive of the distinctive Christian ethos of a church school
- has experience, or prior knowledge, of supporting children with additional and/or special needs
- is knowledgeable of the Year 1 curriculum
- has experience of delivering effective phonics interventions
- is hardworking, reliable, enthusiastic and caring
- enjoys ensuring high standards of support are delivered across the whole Curriculum
- has the ability to think on their feet and use their initiative
- is a team player and demonstrates a flexible approach
This position is part time, term time only, please note the salary quoted is full time equivalent. If successful the salary received will be paid on a pro-rata basis.