£30,660 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Ashley Park House, 42-50 Hersham Road, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 1RZ.
This is an 18 month fixed term or secondment contract with potential to extend.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
About the role
The Rough Sleepers Senior Practitioner will be responsible for meeting the aims and objectives set out in the Rough Sleepers grant, assessing risks presented to young people and representing Surrey County Council in multi-agency forums, working collaboratively with stakeholders to develop initiatives which address the needs of young people at risk of homelessness.
The Rough Sleepers Practitioner will work with the Team Manager of the Care Leavers Team to provide positive leadership and actively contribute to the development and success of the service.
The role will include understanding the context and research of the Rough Sleepers strategy and developing positive relationships with young people at risk of homelessness and other stakeholders to work collaboratively to share knowledge and expertise which would contribute to resolving the issues facing this group.
You will act as an advisor to peers working with young people facing homelessness and upskill the professional network for more effective communication and liaison with regards to Care Leavers at risk of homelessness and how to best support them. This will also include informing and signposting to other organisations which may be able to aid and support.
Other areas of this role include:
- Gather views of young people and professionals to inform, create and implement various projects and working groups for young people who are at risk of homelessness and overcome the challenges faced
- Working with those who may need more support to manage a tenancy aged 18 – 25 supported by the Local Authority and who are eligible for a service as per the Children Leaving Care Act 2000 and/or The Children and Social Work Act 2017.
- Developing a training package with various tools and resources to inform young people at risk of homelessness and professionals supporting them about their rights and entitlements under the Homeless Prevention Act 2017.
- Coordinate services according to statutory requirements, for Care Leavers at risk of homelessness living outside of Surrey County Council.
- Make a personal contribution to a collective endeavour, to create the conditions for success and actively contribute to the development and success of the service.
- Coordinate and recommend services that the Local Authority maybe required to pay for, in line with the finance policy.
- The role holder will be required to carry out duty on a rota basis.
Surrey is seeking a self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic professional with significant experience of working with young people. You should be familiar with the legal and statutory requirements for Care Leavers, have a thorough understanding of the Rough Sleepers agenda, have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to evidence success in forming positive relationships with young people which have contributed to them achieving positive outcomes.
If this sounds like you and you have the necessary skills to drive forward this agenda we would love to hear from you.
Please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this advert.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 11th December 2019.
Interviews to follow.