Salary: £28,363 - £33,920 per annum
37 Hours per Week
Are you ready for a new challenge within the newly formed National Investigation Service? Do you have experience working in Counter Fraud or Policing?
Thurrock Council is serious about tackling fraud committed against the authority and the wider-public sector ensuring that public money is safeguarded. In 2018, Thurrock Council received government support to launch the National Investigation Service, a new collaboration between policing and government.
We are looking for an experienced Field Intelligence Officer to join the NIS Criminal Intelligence Bureau. This position would ideally suit someone is currently or recently worked in a police intelligence unit and who can hit the ground running.
- Undertake intelligence enquiries and investigations to support the operational objectives of the NIS
- Target criminals who seek to commit offences against the public purse around the UK.
- Develop intelligence and provide active support to investigations with involvement in arrests, search and seizure operations
- Identify further intelligence opportunities for the benefit of the service.
- Be a key member of the team and you will have significant experience working on crime operations and have knowledge of the effects on the public sector.
- Be a self-starter, confident at speaking to large groups and delivery of operational briefings to both internal and external agencies.
- Have operational experience from a recognised law enforcement agency and ideally be accredited with IPP/PIP2 or equivalent and be Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (ACFS) qualified.
The service is a 24/7 function and when necessary you will work through the night, on weekends and bank holidays to achieve our objectives.
This collaboration, hosted in the Council, is formed of experts in their field with experience drawn from investigating all types of economic crime, receiving praise from the judiciary in successfully bringing criminals to justice. The service works with other public authorities faced with serious and complex economic crime and shares its resources to apprehend those responsible.
A Disclosure and Barring Service Check at Enhanced level will be required for this post.
Additionally the role requires the holder to hold or obtain National Security Vetting to 'SC' Level and Non-Police Personnel Vetting (NPPV) to Level 3, within 3 months of appointment.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Nicholas Coker on 01375 652157.
Closing Date: 17 November 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills. We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside, and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
We are an area of massive growth; £6bn has already been invested by the private sector in Thurrock. We have seen 7,000 new jobs created, with a further 30,000 anticipated in the next 20 years, and 1,170 new businesses in the borough, with leading centres in ports and logistics, retail and creative industries.
Thurrock Council is committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: