Children and young people thrive in our care, we are inspirational in the services we deliver.
Larchwood is a Short Break Children’s Home which provides an invaluable service for children with disabilities and their families living in Bracknell Forest. Registered with Ofsted as a five bedded unit, Larchwood aims to provide planned short breaks for children and young people with learning disabilities, ensuring individual needs are met in addition to working closely with families and other professionals involved.
The short break home is a child-focused environment, rated as ‘outstanding’ and provides opportunity for children to meet new people, make friends, develop new skills and experience a range of short breaks.
After school care
Weekend day care
‘On the Move’ outreach
We consistently maintain an exceptional standard of service because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
This full-time post will involve working on a shift rota basis. The successful candidate will join an experienced, imaginative and motivated team covering shifts that include early and late shifts, some split shifts, some sleep-ins and some weekends.
The work is interesting and varied and includes:
- Key working and goal planning
- Travel Training
- Sleep clinic assistance
- Transition support
- Developing aspirations and independence
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Participate in the delivery of short break care and support for children and young people.
- Develop and maintain individual care plans and risk profiles.
- Promote the welfare of children and young people and contribute to ensuring that children are safeguarded from abuse.
- Liaise with families and other agencies in relation to the needs and wished of individuals.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular supervision
- A commitment to personal and professional development, internal and external courses.
- A supportive and friendly place to work
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for passionate and dedicated staff to support our service, increasing the range of support to children and young people, and making a difference in their lives.
You will have the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or N.V.Q Level 3 in Children and Young People (or be willing to work towards this).
You will have relevant experience of working with children, ideally with disabilities and be sensitive to the needs of children and their families, with effective communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team. You will work in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals. We also require a valid driving licence and a willingness to drive council vehicles.
26th November 2019
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Samantha Whitehouse
Job Title: Registered Manager
Phone Number: 01344 452315