Job Title: Senior Learning & Development Officer
Team: Adults Practice Development Team, Hertfordshire County Council
Salary: £34,788 progressing to £38,813 pa pro rata for part time hours
Hours: 22 hours per week / 3 days negotiable
Status: Fixed Term/Secondment for 1 Year to cover Maternity Leave
Location: Stevenage Campus (flexible working available)
A unique opportunity to help shape social care in Hertfordshire
Closing Date: 17 November 2019
Interview date: w.c. 25 November 2019
Are you enthusiastic, motivated, well organised, with strong communication skills and the ability and experience to deliver a range of diverse projects? If so, we would welcome your application.
Working within a high performing and supportive team you will be responsible for:
- Project management, design and commissioning of our leadership development programme
- Liaising and coordinating with colleagues from across adult social care and our external suppliers
- Supporting managers and Heads of Service to implement learning and providing update reports as required
- Collating and analysing feedback and evaluations to ensure learning continues to reflect staff needs and meets organisational objectives for the targeted workforce
- Oversee the management of the Adult Social Care Talent and Succession programme.
Whilst experience in the Health and Social Care sector and/or the Learning and Development sector would be an advantage it is not a prerequisite.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for a dynamic individual, educated to degree level or who can demonstrate equivalent experience, with effective interpersonal, negotiating and motivational skills, and experience of working in a political environment.
- You will be able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels and a professional, approachable manner is vital as are strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- You will have the ability to influence across a range of staff levels
- You will be a proficient user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook and have excellent presentation skills
- You will have the ability to analyse and present information/data for various audiences.
- You will have some knowledge / experience of managing projects
- Please ensure your application includes a supporting statement which addresses how you meet the requirements of the role. Any applications without a supporting statement will be rejected.
There will be a 10-minute presentation entitled ‘Why is Learning and Development essential to ensuring an effective workforce?’
For further information or an informal chat please contact Danny Gibb, Head of Practice Development on 07415 016463.