Our Internal Audit Service is well regarded internally and was commended in its last External Assessment by CIPFA, however we are not complacent and we are looking to recruit an individual who is keen to develop innovative approaches to risk management and internal control across the wide range of services provided by the Council.
About the role
Although our preference is to appoint at the senior level, it’s more important that we appoint the right person. We are therefore opening up this vacancy to applicants at either the Auditor or Senior Auditor level.
Applicants applying at Auditor level will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of internal controls, business risk and common auditing techniques.
- You will have or be working towards an AAT qualification (or equivalent) and preferably have some experience of internal audit and your placement on the grade will reflect your skills, professional qualifications and experience.
To be considered at Senior Auditor level you should have:
- Previous experience in a modern internal audit function and will either already possess a relevant professional qualification (i.e. CIA, CMIIA, CCAB or equivalent) or will have made good progress towards achieving one.
- Knowledge of risk and systems based auditing
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines is essential.
Whether you are an experienced professional or someone who is looking to develop a career in Internal Audit, your role will be varies with exposure to audit issues and developments operating at all levels across the organisation. At both levels the role involves working on a variety of projects under the direction of a Team Leader. A career grade scheme applies to the roles and your grade will reflect your skills, professional qualifications and experience.
We are a small team who offers a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
Local Government Pension Scheme
A range of flexible working options
24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service)
Discounted Childcare Scheme (Onsite Nursery)
Cycle to work scheme
Season ticket loans
A range of local discounts
For more information about these roles or for an informal discussion please contact Paul Harrington, Chief Auditor on 0118 937 2695.
Closing date: 11 November 2019
Interview date: 21 / 22 November 2019
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change